Halloween is right around the corner, and all your little ghouls and goblins are likely anticipating the sugar rush from sampling their trick-or-treat stash.
We want all our friends in the Fountain Hills area to enjoy a safe and happy Halloween, so here are some tips from the CDC to protect young ones on this fun evening.
- If the costume requires a fake knife or sword, it should be short, soft, and flexible. Even hard plastic can do some damage if you trip and fall on it.
- Don’t allow kids to trick or treat alone. Older kids can go in groups, and younger kids should be with a trusted adult.
- Put reflective tape on costumes, so that kids are visible to cars at night. You can also use a flashlight, glow sticks, or other lighted options.
- Inspect treats for signs of tampering or for choking hazards.
- Some store-bought makeup may not be hypoallergenic. Test it in a small area before applying it to the face. Remove all makeup before going to bed.
- Use crosswalks, look both ways, and don’t run. Stay on sidewalks, if at all possible. If you are driving, go slowly and watch for kids darting out of driveways or from behind parked cars.
- Don’t eat homemade treats, unless you personally know the friend or neighbor who made them.
- Never go inside homes when trick-or-treating, especially if you don’t know the person.
- Only trick-or-treat at houses with porch lights on. If the porch light is off, that neighbor is likely not participating.
- Keep costumes away from open flames (candles, luminaries, fire pits, etc.). For extra precaution, look for costumes that are flame resistant.
If you are looking for alternatives to door-to-door trick or treating, the 10th Annual Halloween in the Hills is a great family on the Avenue of the Fountains. Carnival games, costume contests, and of course, candy, are among the many treats available to young and not-so-young alike! Stop by our offices while you are out and about!
Have fun and stay safe! Whether you are buying or selling in Fountain Hills, Susan Pellegrini and Karen DeGeorge are ready to put their care and expertise to work for you. Buying or selling, our first-class service comes with a wealth of experience and eye for detail, ready to focus on you. Visit our website to learn more and contact us or give us a call at (480)- 315-1575, we’re here for you.